August Judicial Summary - Associate Justice of the Supreme Court thekerbal

August Judicial Summary

Hello, I am Associate Justice of the Supreme Court thekerbal. I was confirmed to the District bench on February 29th, 2020, when I promised that I will be posting a monthly forum post regarding general statistics and information to ensure utmost transparency.

On August 23rd, 2020, I was confirmed to be the 19th Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. This will not impact my District Court processes; however, I will obviously be partaking in Supreme Court matters in order to handle them with care and attention. This includes all appeals and petitions for judicial review currently on the docket or pending vote.

If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at thekerbal#1844 on Discord.

Furthermore, you can join the Firestone Courts Discord if you are interested in keeping up with dockets of various judges.

NOTABLE INFORMATION:

• I was on various formal and informal inactivity notices over the past two months which resulted in me losing traction in a lot of cases. While I did announce this several times and am attempting to process as many cases as efficiently as possible right now, I apologize for not creating this Summary as I usually do and not effectively dealing with my docket. Now that I am a Supreme Court Justice, I intend to be as active as I possibly can to match the seriousness of the Court.
  • I have issued 2 search warrants this month.
  • I deleted the majority of all records pending deletion as the database center was fixed.
  • I have proposed to BCAs a possibly system to integrate Discord and in-game court, where specific segments of trial would be held in-game (if feasible) and others on Discord. I have yet to come to a decision how to continue with this. In my opinion, in-game trials offer a far more challenging and rewarding experience to all those involved – but I don’t want to force someone to be in a Roblox game for 5 hours, nor do I want to possibly hinder the court proceedings by conducting in-game trials. I will be weighing the pros and cons and will come to a conclusion soon!

TOTAL EXPUNGEMENTS PROCESSED: 32
GRANTED IN FULL: 12
DENIED IN PART OR IN FULL OR DISMISSED: 20

TOTAL CIVIL CASES PROCESSED: 6

TOTAL CRIMINAL CASES PROCESSED: 6

(numbers may not be accurate)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like