Arborfield Release on Recent State Legislature

Release From The Deputy Mayor
Hello citizens. It has recently come to my attention that the state legislature is again attempting to abolish us. Let me present some points about this “rewritten bill”.

It's The Same Bill

Don't get my wrong, I love italics! But, to consider something "rewritten" because of italics alone, is not true. It is the same bill, with the same writing.

New Bill:

Old Bill:

Libel Located in The Bill

To cite the bill,

In Arborfield, we never tried to make protest permits, or create our own military! The protest permit thing was only a sentence written into a bill idea. It was never finished, nor seeked voting on. The military situation is just absurd! Also, Arborfield’s Motto is “Letting The People Have A Say”, we would never require permits for protesting, but rather if we did such a thing, it would protect protesters! It would protect protesters by allowing the city government to know about the protests, and notify law enforcement to stay staged in that area, in order to protect them.

Opposition Against The Bill

Why reintroduce the bill in the first place? The bill failed 1-1-4 originally! Why would you believe that the senator's and/or house's opinions will change in anyway without supporting your argument with anything extra? It is the same bill, with the same flawed arguments.

Unemployment Spike Would Result

Those who work for city governments, are the ones who will actually be affected. Shall this bill go into effect, about 24 city government workers AND teachers will be put out of work! Not to mention the 7 students that would no longer be taught as well! The school would close, causing many teacher's hard work to be useless!

Voices of The Citizens May No Longer Be Heard!

City governments are an easy way for citizens to have their cities, county, and even state have their voices and opinions heard. As city governments can pass laws, acts, and allow for the smallest things to make a big difference. State level representatives tend to not interact with the citizens as well as the City Governments tend to do. That is what city governments do, we listen to those unheard voices and try to work with higher level representatives, such as county, to do what we can!

Did We Make Any Mistakes?

If you really thought we made some mistakes, we would like to see how we can improve Arborfield and even Redwood! Please personally DM me or The Mayor of Redwood if you have any complaints on discord.

We also require all laws to be reviewed by The City Attorney Before Executive Action since May 5th!

Just also keep in mind this quote from the bible:

3 Likes

Rewritten meaning it was written again. This bill was failed by former congressmen and women. The Governor even said that these Municipal Governments were/are violating laws. We have so many different ways for voices of our citizens to be heard. Protesting, mentions, or simply writing a message under the Firestone legislation discord “Bill-suggestion” channel.

1 Like

SAVE THE MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS

2 Likes

If you check our entire trello, you will see no laws in violation that are currently in effect.

Note: All laws require legal review by our city attorney before seeking executive action

1 Like

Will be taken into consideration during next session.

1 Like

If It failed once why won’t it get failed again? It probably will be failed.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why the state government hates us Municipalities so much it seems every other week we get insulted or a Bill is created to ambolish us. We are now having attorneys review all bills and reviewing all old bills as well if they find something wrong then they tell us and we redone. I find it unfair that just because in the past Redwood and Aborfield have both had mistakes that should cause us to be ambolished.

1 Like

There is a court system for a reason, if the state violated something should we abolish the state govt?

3 Likes

preach (@xKoytoPenguin)

2 Likes

Your City Attorney has clearly failed at his duties, as noted by the two or so JRs against the city.

2 Likes

The state doesn’t violate the constitution twice in three days

2 Likes

This is the first time we see the city government being active. It would be a shame for the government to be abolished. I fully believe that the state and the city should discuss the legality of things occurring and further enhance relationships. I believe if such an act is done, the city government, for the first time, will flourish and actually have a say.

6 Likes

seems to me like a case of the senators trying to ruin every good thing

3 Likes

We got a new city attorney

1 Like

Lets just smoke some weed since its Healthier than marijuana

2 Likes

As I see it now, we have two choices, those choices will follow this statement.

We can no longer contain three levels of government and expect things not to go downhill. We simply cannot support three levels of government because one of them (municipal govt’s) will logically and unfortunately have no power.

Here are our two choices:

1. A state government with one county government.

2. A state government with three municipal governments.

1 Like

lol xd

1 Like

But there was times when the state did violate it in a few times, again there wasn’t a petition to do anything about them?

Judicial reviews I have no knowledge of

1 Like

Because they’re the main government and actually have a purpose…?

1 Like

Well I didn’t say abolish I meant hold the person or people accountable. And that’s your response? Mkay

1 Like