An idea to bring back "Promenince College of Law", or to have a Law School in Firestone

Firestone Law is a mess as it is

Why would we want to teach this steaming pile of mess to the public!?

This is a joke above, real opinion below

I believe we all remember when AG JamesDismissio first started the Prominence Law College in early 17’ before his marriage to his then fiancé and we all remember how it got started without a hitch, so I’d like to propose the question. If James, who was planning to get married, running DOJ and having a full time job IRL get an institution similar or the exact same as PCoL running why couldn’t your two “over-qualified” candidates do it? I understand that starting up a school is a hard as fuck task, as the former Vice Principal to Redwood High School in Late 18’ but all it takes is like 12 people to successfully set up a school. In response to the statement quoted below.

Because Skye, that’s how the world works. When you cant find anything within your current high as fuck standards, you downgrade until you can find the right people and then have your high as fuck standard people tutor them to their standard. I’m not saying to find people on the street with a fleeting interest in law nor am I stating you should look at anyone that doesn’t currently hold a BAR Cert within the State, I’m saying to at least look at the current practicing attorneys, starting with the longest practicing first and see if there is anyone within that list that can be trained up to the high standard you hold both Heccy and Jef to.

4 Likes

James’ college, for one, did not go off “without a hitch.” It was terrible.

For two, his college was when the legal system literally had no procedures at all. No ethics, no laws, no procedures, no nothing. The requirements to get a Bar certification were pretty much just a short competency exam to test if you could do 5 times 6. This is a vastly different world we are in now. In our last attempt, I saw the content being written by some pretty good attorneys Hecxtro had hired as professors – it was largely incorrect, incomplete, or misleading. And we have to have people actually trust that we’re giving them good information.

As for the rest of your post, thanks for talking down to me like the condescending prick that you are, but you made zero points. We’ve been doing these things already. How hard is it to understand when we say that literally nobody is interested in taking this terribly shitty job?

6 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be a fucking piece of shit about this, I thought I brought an Idea to the table but apparently not.

I’d like to apologize if anything in my pervious comment seemed as if I was talking down to you in any sort of way. The Judicial side of Law is not part of my expertise and I shouldn’t of tried to act like it was.

Once again I am sorry.

5 Likes

In that case I apologize as well, “that’s how the world works,” came off very poorly to me. Have a nice night.

5 Likes

Id love to leas PCoL. But I have to:

1. Become bar certified on Feb 1st

2. Achieve a good standing and practice and practice and practice.

3. Prove Im not dumb witted

4. Straight focus.

5. PCoL is basically a full time job without any real pay so.

Ive written UCMJs, interpreted UCMJs, written legal guides for understanding it, mock trials for defenders/prosecutors, etc.

Sure I have military law experience but that doesn’t translate all over into federal/county law.

5 Likes

This is the plan for v3.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone remembers that piece of crap.

I myself have experience with my driving academy. This is the reason why it failed and I will not make the same mistake. Downgrading in employment only causes issues.

4 Likes

Make PCOL a cabinet position separated from BLEE. This may incentives people to want to run it.

4 Likes

Then people would only run it because it serves on as a cabinet position, not generally because of pure interest for law.

5 Likes

@zpilotplane @crankyluke you two really change your mind easily dont you

6 Likes

imagine wasting half of your time just so that you can get at the top of a table which is literally once per year

6 Likes

They would have to be required to abide by the same activity requirements as any other cabinet member. Additionally, they would be subject to impeachment / dismissed by the Governor if they failed this activity requirement. Lastly, during the senate confirmation the senate will ensure that the candidate is fit for the office.

4 Likes

Keep it part of BLEE.

If they arent active they can just be removed there instead of wasting congress’ time.

4 Likes

No one want to run a law school if there is nothing in it for them. That is like saying POST should be under DPS and should not be a cabinet level position.

4 Likes

Legally establishing PCoL and making the Superintendent a Cabinet position is just a waste of someone’s primary/secondary slot. Moreover, this would mean that judges can’t really be the Superintendent of PCoL. PCoL also wouldn’t be nearly as active and wouldn’t process nearly as many people as POST/FFA.

5 Likes

No one who runs a law school irl holds a State Cabinet position because they simply just run it.

It literally takes 100% effort and countless hours to set it up and keep it efficient. Because then you also have to find staff thats competent too.

4 Likes

That is why it should be a full time job. People aren’t going to give it the time it needs if it isn’t their #1 job.

4 Likes

Would take our best candidates off the table as they’re in government positions of their own.

7 Likes

I’d shoot my shot for this but I doubt I’d be considered anyways, I have a lot of past controversies.

5 Likes

Easy solution, establish the college and put superchris in charge. Come on now… everyone knows superchris is the nerd of law and he could possibly lead the college well. I just believe in my opinion if someone is qualified it would be superchirs.

3 Likes