An idea to bring back "Promenince College of Law", or to have a Law School in Firestone

Hello firestone, I am OfficerPrivette. I have taken the BAR exam and several times. Yes I am not the smartest, nor am I pointing fingers. I have studied and studied for BAR, and I am still eager to become an attorney within the State. I feel as though having a Law school will give us, people who wish to become BAR certified, a law school that can teach us and prepare for the BAR and have a higher possibility of passing the BAR. Governor NinWin1 even stated on January 1st, 2021 after the opening was announced that more confident attorneys were needed. ( Screenshot - 42c8f84d630a62b62581b47052ffb44d - Gyazo ) this will allow us, people who seem interested to take the BAR be educated and have a higher chance of passing and therefore increasing the numbers of Attorney’s in the state. I believe that we have a chance to get more attorney’s in this state and allow us to have a Law School. Should someone like to become a professor (this is just recommendations) they should meet the SUGGESTED requirements below.

• Be BAR certified
  • Have experience in some training capacity
  • Be experienced with more than a 1 month period.
  • Good leadership skills
  • Knowledge of google docs, trello.
    These are just suggestions on to what someone needs to meet in order to be a professor. Obviously, I am not BAR certified I am just suggesting that one law school be opened for select amount of citizens to be selected, and be enrolled in a law school. I am just asking for opinions, and ideas. I am not expecting an in game location, that should be up to the dean of the college to make that decision. In addition the Law school should work closely with the Department of Justice on the curriculum. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your comments! Should you wish to support this idea, please comment “support” below!
8 Likes

I won’t sign it as it’s practically a petition to me.

I respond simply with:
This is planned.

Ok thank you for your time.
God bless.

3 Likes

Idk why I put petition, might bad. I changed it to “An idea to bring back…”

4 Likes

This should happen.

6 Likes

courts: complain about lack of eligible people for justice positions

also courts: control the only service able to produce eligible people for justice positions

5 Likes

We don’t control BLEE, DOJ, nor PCoL, not sure what you mean?

11 Likes

my guy what

4 Likes

Lol No .

3 Likes

What you mean my guy?

4 Likes

isnt skye the CCJ and the headmaster of PCoL…

5 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

what- no they dont

4 Likes

imagine trying to meme the courts and you accidentally meme yourself

7 Likes

Just saying, college/university is doing well in other groups that have such roleplay at the moment. Using bUK as an example, there’s three seperate universities that offer “baccalaureate” and “master’s” qualifications in politics, economics, business, law, medicine, and language. Qualifications are obviously helpful when applying to a job in the group but it isn’t a strict requirement.

I think the decision to implement a Law School is an easy choice; if brought back, however, why stop there? People often complain that citizens don’t have enough to do in Firestone and I think an expanded schooling system would be of particular interest.

PS, I am not talking exclusively about in-person classes and a college campus, etc., I know we have had this particular discussion before and I don’t care to have it again. My idea is more to use Google Classrooms and set curricula from the State.

(No, absolutely no school shootings, either.)

4 Likes

No. I am not, nor have I ever been, in charge of PCoL.

4 Likes

My response to this is the same as Wolf’s.

The reason PCoL doesn’t happen is because we do not have anybody with the knowledge necessary to lead it who is also both (a) active and (b) willing to lead it. Both of our previous Superintendents, Jefrafra and Hecxtro – two extremely competent individuals, Jef being in my personal top two for the greatest lawyers we’ve ever had – were unable to get the school going due to how massive, how time-consuming, and how demanding of a project it is.

I have stated several times that I desire to lead PCoL myself, but I simply cannot do so with the Courts in their current condition. The Courts are my priority, and when we can get that back on track, assuming we do not find somebody else by then, I will likely ask the Board of Legal Examiners to consider me.

6 Likes

so because there is no PCoL, you cannot find people eligible to lead PCoL…

6 Likes

yes it should happen but it always crashes and burns because teaching law is… boring. if you’re interested in becoming a BCA again id advise you to find an already bar cert and ask them to mentor you

4 Likes

This has been planned for over a year. Nobody who is “qualified” by the judges wants to do the job therefore they wont allow it or protest anyone that tries to take the initiate. Lets not pretend like it’d slide that someone beyond the 4-5 judges that’d bounced in and out of the supreme court would be accepted to lead something like this.

3 Likes

Again, the Courts have 0 influence over PCoL. The Superintendent is chosen by the Board of Legal Examiners, which is an entirely separate entity from both the Courts and the Department of Justice. I am the only member of the Courts who currently has a seat on the Board.

Also, that word “qualified,” yes, we take it highly seriously. You can see why by looking at our previous two Superintendents: Jefrafra and Hecxtro.

• Jef, like I previously stated, is in my opinion one of the two greatest lawyers we’ve ever had, the best Attorney General we’ve ever had, a fantastic organizer, a fantastic leader, a brilliant jurist, and he failed to get PCoL running.
  • Hecxtro, also a very talented veteran lawyer, has served just about everywhere from Lieutenant Governor to a judge in the District Court to Chief Public Defender. He also has great organizational abilities and great leadership abilities, he also is a wonderful attorney, and he failed to get PCoL running.

If people who are far over-qualified for the position have not been able to successfully do it, why would we lower our standards? That does not make sense to me.

There are a decent list of people that I think would be a good fit for Superintendent (and by the way, most of them have never been on the Supreme Court – or any Court for that matter). The problem with that list is that nobody is willing to do it. It is an extremely demanding job and the people who are qualified to do it are generally serving already in extremely demanding positions.

I am willing to do it myself, but obviously I have more important things to worry about right now. Once those are running properly, as I said, I intend to put my hat in the ring and give it a shot.

In the mean time, the Department of Justice has done some mentoring and teaching of individuals one-on-one to my knowledge. We all want PCoL to be a success, but throwing a bunch of spaghetti at a wall and hoping some of it sticks simply is not the way to make it a success – especially when we’re putting the trust of people looking to be taught law correctly on the line.

6 Likes