An Amendment to BOR.I

An Amendment

To Amend the Bill of Rights, Section I.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress here assembled:

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE

This amendment may be cited as An Amendment to BOR.I.

SECTION 2. AMENDING THE BILL OF RIGHTS

(a) In general.—The State of Firestone Bill of Rights shall be amended, specifically Section I.

(b) BOR.I currently states: “Citizens shall be free of prosecution when expressing an opinion. The impediment of freedom of speech is a crime. Defamation and slander are not illegal unless under special circumstances if set by Congress. The deletion of wall posts without the permission of the poster is forbidden; however, a wall post may be deleted freely if it is spam, a scam, or is not official to the State of Firestone. Furthermore, press agencies have the freedom of press and the unalienable right to report news without fear of government interference or censorship: no legislation can impede on the right to publish. Freedom of Speech will only be restricted by the ROBLOX Rules of Conduct, Terms of Service, or Privacy Policy; although no individual may be prosecuted in a court of law for violating standards set by the ROBLOX Rules of Conduct, Terms of Service, or Privacy Policy. The use of external communications or sites, outside of ROBLOX, as evidence in a court of law for instances of slander, defamation and/or harassment is not valid and such evidence are to be dismissed. Law enforcement agencies and their officers are obligated to yield parts of their right to speech upon a citizen’s request to know their name, callsign, and/or badge number, and they must oblige within 2 minutes; however they are not obligated to do so in a situation deemed simply too intense and pressing for such, with reasoning plausible, and may delay its provision until the intense and pressing situation is resolved. Further, law enforcement is only obligated to comply with requests for name, callsign, and/or badge that are made in English, and are requested while said officer is on duty.”

( c ) BOR.I shall now state: “Citizens shall be free of prosecution when expressing an opinion. The impediment of freedom of speech is a crime. Defamation and slander are not illegal unless under special circumstances if set by Congress. The deletion of wall posts without the permission of the poster is forbidden; however, a wall post may be deleted freely if it is spam, a scam, or is not official to the State of Firestone. Furthermore, press agencies have the freedom of press and the unalienable right to report news without fear of government interference or censorship: no legislation can impede on the right to publish. Freedom of Speech will only be restricted by the ROBLOX Rules of Conduct, Terms of Service, or Privacy Policy; although no individual may be prosecuted in a court of law for violating standards set by the ROBLOX Rules of Conduct, Terms of Service, or Privacy Policy. The use of external communications or sites, outside of ROBLOX, as evidence in a court of law for instances of slander, defamation and/or harassment is not valid and such evidence are to be dismissed. Law enforcement agencies and their officers are obligated to yield parts of their right to speech upon a citizen’s request to know their name, callsign, and/or badge number, and they must oblige within 2 minutes; however they are not obligated to do so in a situation deemed simply too intense and pressing for such, with reasoning plausible, and may delay its provision until the intense and pressing situation is resolved. Further, law enforcement is only obligated to comply with requests for name, callsign, and/or badge that are made in English, and are requested while said officer is on duty. Law Enforcement must state their name, callsign, and/or badge number within the global ROBLOX chat in-game. They are not to use /whisper or any other in-game command to otherwise avoid informing the requesting citizen with their credentials.”

SECTION 3. SPONSORS AND OTHER PROVISIONS

(a) The above amendment shall be proposed to the House of Representatives, then if passed, shall move onto the Senate, and if passed will result in this amendment going into effect immediately.

Respectfully submitted to the State of Firestone Congress:

Chief Sponsor:

Representative, NotoriousAmerican

Co-Sponsor(s):

Speaker, Rinextel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like