An Amendment to Article I

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE STATE LEGISLATURE HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

SECTION I: Article I of the State of Firestone shall be amended, and SECTION XXI shall be added.

SECTION II: SECTION XXI shall state:

“SECTION XXI.

Subpoenas can be written by any congressional member apart of any chamber, but must be signed by the congressional leader. Subpoenas can be issued to anyone in the State of Firestone. If a member of the House of Representatives issues the subpoena, and the Speaker signs it, the citizen whom the subpoena is directed to is only obligated to show to the House of Representatives at the date and location of the subpoena. If a member of the Senate issues the subpoena, and the Lieutenant Governor signs it, the citizen whom the subpoena is directed to is only obligated to show to the Senate at the date and location of the subpoena. Subpoenas must be issued at least one (1) week beforehand of the date. If the Speaker of the House or the Lieutenant Governor refuses to sign a subpoena, the members of that chamber may initiate a vote. If a majority (1⁄2) of the chamber votes in favor of the subpoena, the congressional leader of
that chamber shall be required to sign that subpoena. A congressional chamber cannot subpoena a member of their own chamber, however they can subpoena a member of the other chamber.”

SECTION III: All laws in conflict with this amendment shall be hereby declared null or void.

SECTION IV: This amendment shall become official when passed by both chambers of congress.

Respectfully submitted to the State of Firestone State Legislaute,

Representative JamesDitomosso

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like