An Actual County Jail for SCSO and a checklist for charges

Hear me out here, alright?
I understand we got a current prison, and that’s fine and all. But in real life, no one is sent to prison without a trial. Therefore, why do we have people being arrested for small things, for instance maybe interfering with an officer or something of sort being sent to prison without a trial?
Now, I’m not saying to make everyone do more trials, god sake we don’t need anymore or the DOJ will be flooded more than it is. I’m rather saying, people, who are arrested for misdemeanors should be sent to jail inside the SCSO HQ. Now, this would only be for singular misdemeanors, no felonies and misdemeanors combined. At the jail cells, we can have Probationary Deputies stationed with maybe a few deputies to watch over the jail. But unlike the prison, you can pay for bail which would get you out of jail without waiting at all. Now, like I said this would be strictly misdemeanors no felonies as if you were arrested for a felony you’d go to jail.

Now, you could say, how could this work? Simple. When you arrest someone there will be a sort of checklist or somewhere where you can find the charges that ARE LEGAL AND DEFINED IN LAW, and you’d be able to select them. Now, hopefully in italics, it can say if it’s a misdemeanor or felony, or perhaps there are two different lists, I don’t know, more of a dev’s choice. Anyway, say you select a felony, perhaps Grand Theft Auto, the code would send the person to prison for however much time you give them, or if you select a misdemeanor, you’d send them to jail for however amount of time. Now, say if you select a misdemeanor and a felony, they’d be sent to prison. If they are multiple misdemeanors as long as they are not MORE THAN 2, they will go to jail. As such, the jail will pretty much be dead as most criminals only do felonies, but you’d have a guy to go jail once in a while, and that’s where Probie Deputies come in. They’d be stationed there for however long to gain experience while being with a deputy as a kind of ride-along. Now that’s more of SCSO’s choice I don’t really know if the Probie thing will work, but I really would love to see a jail.

What’s the purpose? (You may say) Realism. Don’t we strive for realism every single patrol, RPing as much as we can? They why not have a jail for smaller crimes? Also, that checklist of crimes would really benefit all LEO’s greatly.

I’d love to see your guys opinions below, and for any developers please leave any comments, concerns or questions below, and I’d gladly answer.

5 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support. Please add booking facilities before this though.

1 Like

Support

1 Like

I was thinking maybe we could have a drop down menu of laws and offenses, this way people don’t arrest people for unlawful reasons, and instead must choose from the drop down menu of arrestable offenses.

I like the idea, and the system would automatically send them to either jail depending on the law you select.

It’ll take some work + time for it to happen, but overall, support.

8 Likes

And if possible, have it so you don’t have to keep scrolling for the right offenses. Instead, you can search up a keyword and the offense will appear making it faster for you to complete an arrest

1 Like

Sounds like Mayflower, but yeah. Support.

1 Like

A county jail would be more realistic for misdemeanor charges. A prison is for serving felony sentences

3 Likes

no no no no no, no probies guarding anything, let alone patroling

1 Like

@BangaBus_Quit

ik i kinda changed my mind midway through typing

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support.

1 Like

There are like 50 criminal charges, that’d be one long as list. And it’d change fairly often, which the devs aren’t going to update it everytime a law is added or removed. Hell, that’s assuming they’d go through all the laws in the first place to put them in lol

1 Like

Support. If Mayflower can do it, we can.

1 Like

You realize Mayflower’s a codified State, that’s why it works so well there. Mayflower’s Legislature Board has laws no one’s ever heard of, it’d be hard to compile them in one list if the developers can’t be bothered to update the game everytime a new law comes out.

2 Likes

yeah support

Kasterix
SCSO Captain

1 Like

@DannyboyJurist It’s not hard, I managed the LEO MDT and I maybe once a week needed to update it. Dev’s would have no problem, and it will take some time to get current laws but it’s worth it.

1 Like

And auto configure the jail time? Check priors and calculate citations/arrest charges depending on prior offenses?

COUGH NO MORE UNLAWFUL ARRESTS/CITATIONS!

1 Like

The LEO MDT is very outdated, I’m in the process of making one myself and I have counted at least 10 more crimes than the previous one. Plus, the current MDT doesn’t differ punishment for misdemeanor & felony charges. Ex: MIsuse of 911 System is a felony if it causes an unnecessary response, but it if it’s just a prank call that causes no response it is just a misdemeanor. There are several other examples as well. If you’d like to work with me though, I’d be very happy to take on any help.

1 Like

If we plan to do a checklist for charges, we’d need to turn this into a systematising state in terms of organization of our law. I talked to the Governor about it a while back, I just haven’t had the nerve to continue it. iSchwenzers criminal code isn’t as organized as I’d like it to be.

1 Like