Amendment to C.I.XXI

Amendment to C.I.XXI

Section 1: Article 1, Section 21 of the Firestone State Constitution shall be amended.

Section 2: Article 1, Section 21 of the Firestone State Constitution shall now read:

Both chambers of congress shall have the option to elect three (3) individuals who shall be known as “A Clerk of the House of Representatives” or “A Clerk of the Senate” when their nomination passes. It is optional and not required for a clerk to be elected or present in a legislative chamber.

These individuals will not be considered as members of the chamber. For a clerk to be elected, the Speaker of the House or the President of the Senate must nominate a citizen within the State of Firestone and may not be a current member within the Firestone State Legislature. For a nomination of the clerk position to pass, a majority vote must pass of the present chamber memebers.

When a clerk passes a nomination they will be required to take the following oath:
"I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” The phrase “So help me God.” will be optional.

A clerk may be dismissed or have their position vacated by the respective chamber of congress with a supermajority vote of the present chamber. At will, the Speaker of the House or the President of the Senate shall have the option to remove a clerk. At the end of each congressional term, all clerks will be dismissed and their offices will be left vacated. A clerk position may be left vacant at any point in time if no individual is elected.

A session-present clerk shall have the task of keeping track of all pieces being presented in a session, reminding the presiding officer if a quorum for a session is present or not, can be given permission by the presiding officer of a session to read the pieces on the docket being presented (may not recognize any motions, may not open the floor to debate/questioning, may not recognize any member to speak, and may not recognize any member to hold the floor), and making sure that the presiding officer acknowledges every motion called by a member of the chamber. Outside of sessions, a clerk shall also be the assistant to the Speaker of the House or the President of the Senate.

The use of a clerk in all sessions shall be considered as optional and will not be mandated.

Section 3: This amendment shall go into effect upon passage of both chambers in Congress.

Respectfully submitted to the Firestone State Congress,

Chief Sponsor:
Senator Kat4Katrina

Co Sponsor:
Lieutenant Governor sharkfish82
Senator Stamose

2 Likes
2 Likes