Add vehicle damage by collision

This feature would punish dangerous driving from both police officers and citizens , basically ram into an object and your vehicle takes damage depending on your speed, this would prevent FRPers ramming into you on purpose to get your car damaged. If your car takes too much damage/loses too much health it would just stop driving and start smoking. This would apply to both police officers and citizens, to keep it fair police cars would get the same health as citizen vehicles.

Now, a similiar suggestion was made back in May 2018 and a bunch of people said that It would cause lag but I’m unsure how. If someone who actually devs/used to dev was able to explain how and why it would lag, that’d be wonderful. I have seen other games use this and it works without any problems.

The reason why I’m suggesting this is because of the endless reckless drivers in Redwood, some of them doing anything they can to annoy the police. This could reduce some of that reckless driving and ramming into cars or buildings. Looking forward to your opinions

Adding to that you would obviously have to repair that car somewhere

4 Likes

lag city

3 Likes

Wouldnt frpers ramming into you destroy your car? Terrible idea.

3 Likes

it literally says that it would depend on your own speed to prevent FRPers ramming into your car to destroy it

3 Likes

As long as it is only caused by your car hitting shit I don’t care. Because if it’s just collisions then we’re all screwed; the idiots who just join and start running stuff down will ruin the game for everyone.

Furthermore, this should only trigger if x number of DOT are on. Because if there’s no DOT you’re fucked.

6 Likes

how about having the cars despawn when there is no x amount of DOT online

3 Likes

ok but couldnt someone just ram into you and despawn ur car?

2 Likes

or just only enable collisions with other objects and not vehicles, also to prevent OP cop cars in pursuits

3 Likes

Why would police cars be the same durability as civ cars? If you wanna make it fair, let’s just make civ car Windows bulletproof like cop car Windows

2 Likes