Add speed traps in Redwood

I think developers should add speed trap cameras in Redwood because everyone speeds in Redwood. Everytime a car is going like 8+ over the speed limit, the Speed trap would flash and automatically add the citation to the record, and automatically make the suspect pay the citation.

2 Likes

no, you are not taking me and my traffic officers job away

2 Likes

They won’t be all over every road. Only like towards FSP, etc. @BangaBus_Quit

2 Likes

What we need is some speed bumps

9 Likes

it is a good idea but officers now have no reason to use their radar gun anywhere in redwood and people would get really upset in pursuits etc

1 Like

Not really on board with this. It leaves open the door for potential mistakes with citations, and it defeats the purpose of traffic enforcement, not completely, but to a certain extent.

2 Likes

We had the exact same suggestion last year, we ditched it because of Scripting Problems and the Scripting Know how of the Head Scripter at the Time

3 Likes

The SCSO Traffic Bureau has just restarted and we are beginning to start operations again. No need for cameras, the whole point is for us to enforce traffic and set up traps.

2 Likes

To be honest these would be great!

I mean they would get auto-fined for speeding when we are not around; if we do run Radar, we can pull them over for speeding and they could get double fined by us and the cameras.

This would also crack down on the trolls, because auto fines would keep fining, stop wasting our time on trolls, and they’d go broke.

3 Likes

I like the idea, but I see some flaws. If a driver is fleeing from Law Enforcement, wouldn’t they get spammed with tickets when they drive pass Redwood Boulevard? Another issue, speed cameras may not work properly and they might issue somebody a ticket when they are following the speed limit. And like what everybody else said, it defeats the purpose of traffic enforcement in that area.

3 Likes

I could see it in places where LEOs don’t go too often, like Greendale, or the farm, even the residential areas. In RW there’s lots of LEOs so no

6 Likes

I concur with @RocktonLaw

2 Likes

It’s that way in real life. /shrug

1 Like

Haha.

1 Like

or how about fixing the speed indicators on that hwy 98 or whatever

3 Likes

No, cuz with speedtraps… I would accumulate so many fines I would be in debt by -$5 million

1 Like

How bout officers in pursuit??

1 Like

Pretty sure they’d add it if you had any emergency lights on in an vehicle it would void you.

But once I again I believe this is a great idea. Two reasons:

1. It cracks down on trolls and idiots speeding when officers can’t deal with them, or it will help officers in pursuits with suspects.

2. Even if it does fine you for speeding, if an officer has a radar gun, and clocks you, the suspect could be doubled fined, one by speed trap and other by the officers ticket.

I believe fines hurt people more than jail time.

3 Likes

I second @SCSO make speed,bumps

2 Likes