Add a warning in the arrest tool/citation book

I have been a deputy for 5 days, and as taught in POST, a citation/arrest can cost you your career. Now, many people don’t worry about this since they are “good”, “responsible” cops. But just using it I realize that you can sometimes click submit by accident. it never happens to me but it could and to any LEO. Experienced or a rookie. A mistake that makes you submit the citation/arrest will be a mistake that will be remembered, you can’t undo it. So, please add a warning after clicking submit, that will say “Do you really want to confirm?” then you can decline,etc.

10 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

Good idea. I know of a few people who have accidentally clicked the submit button and had only filled the first two sections of the lovid with the others being empty.

4 Likes

Something like a Verbal and Written Warning.

Written can appear first on the citation list.
Verbal can appear on the Database like (Verbal Warning Given for “Reason”)

3 Likes

2 Likes

He doesnt mean warnings like that. He means that it says “Are you sure you want to cite/arrest this person?”

4 Likes

heck yes

3 Likes

good idea

3 Likes

He’s not talking about written/verbal warnings. He’s talking about a warning that would pop up after you click submit on the arrest/citation tool to make sure you don’t click it by accident.

4 Likes

The Devs will prob won’t care, but we´ll try :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been with law enforcement in fs since 2017 and never accidentally arrested or cited

2 Likes

I am not talking about the present, but the future. It could happen. Who knows when.

2 Likes

if it does, you can take it to court

2 Likes