Abolish County Goverment

Why do we have a county government? Cant we get rid of it, permanently? It doesn’t really serve a purpose does it. All county departments can be defined federally so there is no problem there. If you oppose this please tell me why, i am actually curious (if your in county government then i know you will oppose this).
-uprisingamerican(old name is outback)

3 Likes

No.

I have made alot of progress with Arborfield and the county government has made alot of progress as well.

I have spent alot of TIME and MONEY on my city, and it would be a shame for it all to go-to waste.

http://code.arborfield.xyz/

Additionally, we have done more than make laws. Our city attorneys office has provided free legal advice and protection to local businesses and residents. We helped to file a case on the behalf of @Samtella when he was brutally manslaughtered. However, the DoJ did not feel there was enough evidence to prosecute.

The City of Arborfield has, as cited before, made it easy for citizens and deputies of the Stapleton County Sheriffs office to understand our laws with out website.
We have not yet setup our bill summaries section, but we do have the charge table.

The City of Arborfield has also provided @arborfield.xyz emails to residents upon request.

The City of Arborfield is here for the people, and if you take that away, you take away some of the basic power that still resides within the people. The people do have the power to choose their governor in a way, but it’s mostly a popularity contest. With lower governments like city and county, there is more control within who they elect.

5 Likes

Love some good ol’ federalism.

4 Likes

The problem is that firestone lacks federalism

Congress pretty much creates 99% of laws that officers actually use in the county, whereas local goverments do not have as much power, creating a rather unitary goverment and with a lack of local say.

4 Likes

Until people can actually buy houses there is no real “resident” to any city.

2 Likes

How are you helping deputies with your website when I have been in the SCSO discord for 3-4 months now and have never seen it?

2 Likes

bet benthehero is not alone in that, also was up to you to send real money on a game… its not like counter argument.

2 Likes

Also, just looking at your website now, the majority of “laws” the county has created are impossible to break. Such as, Residential picketing which can get you a maximum of 500 seconds in prison even though no one owns houses, Improper disposal of chemicals which is also impossible to do in game and Public nudity, which can never really be proved. With those laws all your doing is setting law enforcement up to possibly getting sued due to misunderstanding the laws, for example public nudity, due to the nature of the game it would be hard to differentiate as to what is nude and what is just clothing.

2 Likes

county govts, along with the state govt will serve a more direct role in v3 thanks to housing and a crap ton of new businesses. for now the county govt may be making progress yes, but until v3 rolls along they honestly cant perform much of their duties, if any given.

2 Likes

county govs should be abolished and maybe brought back in v3, they dont serve a purpose.

2 Likes

Abolishing them and bringing them back would degrade progress and just generally be an annoyance to the people. The people do not want to have instable governments, nor to lose trust in those governments they trust.

The County and local governments are a key part to representation of the people, and by abolishing them, you would be getting rid of many great local ordinances, documents, money and time used on them.

Such as Littering, Obstruction of Healthcare, Interference with an Aircraft, and Public Nudity.

2 Likes

It is the responsibility of deputies to review local ordinances and stay up to date with our laws they are responsible for enforcing.

Joining the Arborfield Discord is a great way for deputies to do such. The charge table was recently created to help deputies better comprehend the laws and is similar to the MDT in that such. We asked to get our local ordinances added to the MDT, however it was declined by Invent according to emote.

About ur concerns on interpretation on some of our ordinances, you may contact the city attorneys office with such complaints. But, as the person who made such ordinance, it is meant to be charged if you are unclothed to a fully nude extent. Such as having nothing completely on. The chemical ordinance is explained fully in detail on the bill, but it is meant to protect citizens from getting hurt due to a terrorist attack, if they ever add nerve gas or something similar ingame. Note: Tear Gas does not fall under this ordinance to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Out of all those ordinances created, no one thought to create a noise ordinance that’s actually drafted correctly?

2 Likes

It’s a reserved section on the general offenses bill, if you got any ideas on how to properly write that, I’d gladly put it in.

Note: I’m in St Louis for Thanksgiving, so this is all on my phone.

2 Likes

The only reason I mentioned deputies was because you said you helped them interpret these laws. Which is hypocritical for you to now say it is their responsibility but whatever.

2 Likes

Interpret and summarize are two different things. The charge table, like the MDT is a reference that SUMMARIZES the ordinances for the ease of the deputies.
The interpretation part is up to the city attorneys office, supreme court and ultimately the deputy themselves.

2 Likes

like every deputy uses the MDT, no LEO goes through and reads the law…

2 Likes

Sadly that’s true. But some actually do read our ordinances.
Which is why the charge table is made, as a form of a MDT for Arborfield… In a way.
This means there is no excuse to not enforce our ordinances due to the charge table.

2 Likes

county goverments are useless. If you want to fix it, either remove them or change the system of goverment to make it federalized.

2 Likes

Firestone’s congress has WAY TO MUCH power, whereas county and local goverments have little power.

2 Likes