Ability to Shoot Out Tires

I believe that LEOs should be able to shoot out tires, this would be specifically good for SCSO, saying that we don’t have spikes unlike FSP, this will also for shorter pursuits. This idea would allow all LEOs to shoot out tires, saying that departments like SCSO, and DHS don’t have spikes, in any case they’d be able to easily shoot out tires.

6 Likes

I agree with that.

2 Likes

I agree with shooting tires out, but both Civilian and Police so that police can be disabled and forced to respawn their car/ call dot to air it up (I’ve seen it happen before)

2 Likes

No Support.

A LEO should never shoot tires, as that would be the most stupid thing in the world to allow it.

SCSO doesn’t even let you shoot for Vehicular Assault I doubt they will let you shoot at a tire.

As a LEO you should only use your gun at risk of death or serious injury of you or someone else. Shooting at a fleeing car or tires is stupid; as a LEO you are responsible for every bullet in your gun and your bullets shouldn’t be used on tires to stop a suspect, i.e. why we have spike strips and soon PIT’ing is coming back. (Ramming to pop tires).

FastSignature

2 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

Alright, but ramming won’t always work.

2 Likes

Whether it did or didn’t work, shooting tires still wouldn’t be justified. Ramming (PIT’ing) would be much safer, efficient, and and less paperwork rather than shooting a tire.

Again lets be honest SCSO wouldn’t even allow this as we can’t even shoot a driver running us or someone else over.

2 Likes

Stops them from causing harm in the future during pursuit.

2 Likes

People need to understand Use of Force, use of force is by the CURRENT situation that is happening. If we followed “Stops them from causing harm in the future during pursuit.” that means I could shoot anyone because I suspect they may cause harm in the future. A vehicle running does not go on use of force as a deadly threat for you to use your firearm unless he was running you or someone else over.

2 Likes

It’s be nice for DoT to have more of a Job.

2 Likes

Ramming isn’t a thing in Firestone. ROBLOX physics won’t allow it.

2 Likes

We’ll have to think about this one and shooting windows because previously it was abused, badly.

many cops would start firing at a car no matter what (disregarding crossfire and shooting civilians) even for something as simple as someone driving away from a traffic stop. (mainly DHS since they had the right guns)

2 Likes

I mean I agree with Fergie it would be abused. But as I said, shooting at a fleeing car or shooting at tires should never be justified i.e. Use of Force.

2 Likes

Alright, but how is SCSO suppose to stop pursuits?

2 Likes

by asking them to stop, simple
from the coolest man in firestone

2 Likes

Dude… SCSO doesn’t even let you shoot for vehicular assault, I doubt they will let you shoot at tires.

If you want to stop a pursuit, do what we’ve ALWAYS done, call FSP for spikes or chase till they crash.

2 Likes

Call FSP for spikes, request ASU to follow and term pursuit, use push bar to pop tires (soon), wreck them or let them wreck on their own, probably a few more good options.

3 Likes

Communicate with other departments.

2 Likes

Alright, but what if other departments aren’t near the pursuit?

2 Likes

What if you miss your shot, shoot a civilian, and then get charged with murder cause you went to shoot at a moving vehicle and shot a citizen in crossfire?

2 Likes