A Response to Norlex's Claims

It has come to my attention that Norlex, infamous for discovering some of the exploits created specifically for Firestone, is attempting to slander me by “leaking DMs”.

I only see value in addressing this simply because I know that there are people, specifically in the government, who think I’m corrupt, allowed Norlex to abuse at v2, and was making malicious deals with him that in some way were wrong or would harm Firestone.

This is quite simply not the case, and it is far from it.

You would think Norlex would be the last person to try and call anyone out, and the fact that he has the audacity to try and make me look bad, despite my attempts to help Firestone, give him an opportunity to help out, and reward him for his work, is just ridiculous. I have given him several chances to straighten up and take the opportunity I gave him more seriously, and every time he has failed.

I am disappointed in what I’ve read and seen as a result of this. I didn’t think I’d hear the things I’m hearing, coming from people I thought I was on good terms with. Moral of the story is, a lot happens behind closed doors, and people aren’t who you think they are.

Anyways, here’s where I explain the (missing) context behind all of the DMs Norlex is allegedly trying to use against me.

tl;dr at the bottom.

1. The “Deal”

I’m not sure what people think about this one, but the idea of a “deal” must lead people to believe there is something sketchy going on. The “deal” arose back in August of 2018 when Norlex continually was DMing me about being banned, and as he was banned for exploiting, I sought the opportunity to see what kinds of exploits he could present to me, which would then be patched, in exchange for him to “work for Firestone” as a white hat exploiter, and be unbanned.

Below you’ll see the DMs he sent me, which lead up to me understanding his frustration, and discussing the idea of a deal we could make. He helps Firestone become a better place, with less exploits, and in exchange, he gets unbanned. It sounds like a pretty nice deal, coming from someone who “fuckin paid money here” at Stapleton County, and was complaining about being banned.

This is not a foreign concept, and in fact, BreadyToCrumble, the Firestone Head Developer who preceded @mrfergie, allowed me to exploit and find vulnerabilities in exchange for me being unbanned, much like I tried to do for Norlex. Fun fact, I have been banned from Firestone on several occasions, ranging from exploiting (banned by @FederalLaw) to problem causing (banned by @FederalLaw). And look where I am now, the Firestone Head Developer.

1. It’s a secret!

I can see how this can appear as if I’m secretly allowing him to exploit, abuse, and wreak havoc on Firestone, but that just isn’t the case, and for anyone who knows me, this should be obviously wrong.

Part of our “deal” was for him to conceal his exploiting and to not interrupt anyone else’s game play experience. He wasn’t here to cause a big show, he was here to exploit in secrecy, and report his findings back to me for them to be patched. I don’t think that is a reasonable request, and it isn’t like I was trying to hide anything from the public. In fact, I explained to @OOT that I do let him exploit, so long as doing so isn’t intrusive or harmful. Furthermore, for his findings, I would let him keep a reasonable portion of Firestone cash, if he happened to exploit it.

However, it was around this time that Norlex’s behavior of exploiting publicly, and without telling me, started to catch my attention, so I told him that he better not be causing any problems, as that violates the terms of our deal. Again, he shouldn’t be causing any problems for anyone else, and the fact that he is an exploiter should entirely be secret, if he’s doing his job right.

1. Trying to “cover up”

I’m just trying to cover all bases here, so in case this piqued anyone’s curiosity, this is why I defended Norlex’s exploiting, and gave him another chance, despite me receiving complaints for allowing him to do so. He was experimenting with exploiting his money, and in doing so, made it negative, and when he died, he dropped negative money, which other people picked up. I instructed him not to play anymore until I get on to reset his money and patch the bug. Additionally, I told him to be more aware of the damage he was causing, because people were complaining to me. I wasn’t going to let him tarnish my reputation as a developer simply because he isn’t following the guidelines of our deal, or listening to me.

I’d like to think that the context speaks for itself.

tl;dr

Norlex has proven to be a disingenuous and deceitful person who abused the opportunity he was given to exploit for the good and help Firestone. He is trying to take DMs between him and I, and present them with less context in an attempt to make me look bad. To this day, all the way from August of 2018, he has devoted a large amount of his time to exploiting Firestone and trying to make the experience for others as unenjoyable as possible.

There were more “leaked” DMs that tried to make me look bad, but I didn’t see the value in explaining them as they were just so meaningless. I only addressed this because there are a lot of rumors going around behind my back.

Thank you,

16 Likes

its ok furry we still love you

it’s not a new fact that some devs let ppl exploit to test the system. it’s been going on for some time and it’s not rlly an issue until it starts negatively affecting people.

13 Likes

hmmmmmm…

2 Likes

norlex is actually dumb

8 Likes

Imagine waiting 9 months to name your kid “Furry”

6 Likes

I just ripped ass.

6 Likes

FURRY GANG REP

7 Likes

and when it did, I re-banned him and stopped letting him exploit any further

5 Likes

I agree with canine I have no problem with it unless they are flinging people ect then I got a problem with it.

4 Likes

I would still like to see the Money Transfers board and if any information on it correlates to this incident.

2 Likes

Thank you furry.

4 Likes

good guy furry

3 Likes

Papa furry

3 Likes

It doesn’t, this incident happened last year.

2 Likes

May I just go on record and state that in ROBLOX legend, 1x1x1x1, rumored to be one of the most notorious hackers on the site, was allowed to exploit and show ROBLOX admins and developers how his hacks worked.
1x1x1x1 was subsequently banned once the team had figured out how to counter his leet hax.

Not really a different scheme here.
So, no drama.
And besides, why should we even be bothered about something like this if it doesn’t affect anyone directly at all?

god i miss 2008.

5 Likes

i love u furry

3 Likes

I’ve had Norlex and his friends flex in my dms a crap ton about his exploits before, and time and time again they are 9/10 bullshit statements. Smh.

3 Likes

If it was up to me i’d say permanent ban but somehow they get unbanned I was in the discord call when last time he was being dealt with now this again I vote once in for all permanent ban.

2 Likes

now this is a meme

reee- amelia

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes