A petition to reform DOC

Criminal standpoint: Us criminals often want to cook soup, but due to the poor activity from correctional officers, we usually cant.

Moderation standpoint: There are no correctional officers on to tell us if a criminal glitched, or escaped somehow.

What im trying to say is DOC is completely inactive and needs to be reformed because of inactivity.

3 Likes

um what

2 Likes

read it now. should make more sense. my bad.

2 Likes

Um what [2]

There are 2 things you need to understand…

1. DoC is a secondary department like DoT and DPW, most people in it actually have other jobs that are more important.

2. The reason people don’t like patrolling 24/7 is because the job is legit boring. I mean, with the latest update criminals can escape; and I’ll tell you
    this, when the escape occurred around half of doc was on or trying to get on. Though, when that isn’t happening it’s just all of us sitting around.

TL:DR: It’s a secondary department, most people have primary jobs and it’s mostly spent sitting around unless paged. DOC is a pager job, unlike others in which you usually patrol as much.

3 Likes

Hey there your friendly doc captain. So what I can say yes being DOC Officer might be boring as fuck. There are co’s that are active and patrol around DoC. I don’t agree with reforming because there no point for it. If we did reform doc it would be more of a cluster fuck and we would been very inactive.

2 Likes

Feel free to view the trello board and see how active we really are: https://trello.com/b/HDyP9fRE/fdoc-unit-control

3 Likes

I don’t see how you would do this.

1. For a secondary department, which is considered boring or mediocre by many, we’re active.
  2. What would you want to reform? Do you want stricter activity standards? For a secondary department they are already pretty strict and if you would make them stricter that would just cause a massive termination wave. It would also deter people from applying, which means you’ll just end up with less CO’s and even worse activity.

If we aren’t there when you’re in the Prison, too bad for you. We don’t take criminals out to make soup all the time during our shift. It’s not like that’s the only we do or the only thing we are useful for.

Inmates have legit ways to escape now. We can’t tell a moderator instantly if they glitched or exploited, as we usually don’t see that even while we are on-duty. And usually it’s actually the other way around. I’ve had plenty of cases where I had an Inmate who exploited or glitched out and I stood there waiting for a moderator to ban them forever. We’re not always available when a moderator is online and a moderator isn’t always available when we’re online. Both sides just have to accept that.

3 Likes

yeah this is a bad idea. my bad

2 Likes

OK I GET IT IT WAS A DUMB IDEA CALM DOWN

2 Likes

very dumb idea

2 Likes

you just wait till july 6th

2 Likes

what’s on july 6th

2 Likes

Umm, I kinda have to disagree, DoC is active lol they were on during all my long sentences. Also, ask the warden for their discord so you can page them to get on. I just shoot a dm to D_isorder and he’s at my cell ASAP lol

4 Likes

even though TTEMB fucked me over

hes still a good dude

idk why u would reform DOC it works p good

3 Likes

I do agree with this.

2 Likes

btw incase you didn’t notice it was a dumb idea! :clown_face:

2 Likes

They don’t really need a reform

1 Like

Just no

2 Likes

DOC is way more active than you would think. Just because we’re not letting inmates into the mess or walking pass your cells does not mean there are no DOC there…

3 Likes

Disagree. This is, as stated above, a “pager” job. Most people are on as their primary department and DOC is very boring unless you are taking a prisoner to the yard or cafe, or someone escaped. (speaking from experience)

3 Likes