A fix to the LEO Weaponry issue

It’s a known fact that there are several members of law enforcement unhappy with the quality of their current weaponry. Some argue that LEOs don’t need more guns, that the handgun is enough, while others say that the handgun is bad and that it is ineffective against heavily armed felons.

So here’s my suggestion, have DPS or POST host Advanced Firearms Courses for law enforcement. What would this certificate allow you to do? It’d allow you to use rifles, shotguns, etc… as a Peace Officer, and you’d be required to take it if you wanted to use such firearms.

From my point of view, this is a good solution as it satisfies both sides of the matter, the ones that argue that LEOs don’t need any other guns and can’t even use them properly and the ones that argue that the handguns are ineffective against rifles, etc…

Let your thoughts & ideas below.

2 Likes

I agree, but better just get gud

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t mind the G23 I have while on duty as an FSP Trooper.

1 Like

Do we need another thread about this?

But yes, not a bad idea. Don’t think that FDOC will have to go through it.

1 Like

You’re complaining about the weapons?

HELLO?

WHAT ABOUT THE AMMO?

2 Likes

I Support, agreed with it.

1 Like

Not a bad idea

1 Like

Ammo is a definite issue. I think FSP SCSO and all that get ammo refill boxes (at least that’s what I have been told), but here at FDOC, you have to reset for more ammo. Not the brightest idea.

1 Like

Better LEO guns and ammo reloading boxes should be added.

1 Like

Disagree,

Firestone is almost entirely based on LEOs. They have the weapons they need - it’s the fact that departments need to work together. Law Enforcement Officers in real aren’t carrying rifles and combating active shooters / hostage situations (Majority, anywho).

Our current departments need to promote interoperability, which is a concept that’s failed Firestone. Our LEOs are too worried about wanting to discharge their weapon and be able to engage in these shootouts, that they negate the Roleplay quality by doing so. Active shooters
should rarely be touched by uniformed officers. More or less, set perimeter and dispatch CRT / SWAT.

Much too often, there has been uniformed FSP and SCSO officers rushing Hostage situations, handling protests, and playing rambo during active shooters - this accomplishes nothing. Further training on how to execute their designated roles during situations that extra tools and tactics arrive, should be implemented.

The whole “LEOs need this, we need that” need to go away. For instance, the SRT that criminals have goes 10 SPS more than a typical car and is very expensive, if someone isn’t using Robux to buy in-game currency. With this, both LEO departments have bumpers that can deflate the tires, in a pursuit. Furthermore, FSP has spikes, that disables every tire that touches it.

LEO’s have the upper-hand in almost all scenarios. It’s simply how you efficiently manage given resources, to ensure a good outcome.

Law Enforcement Officers in real life are not carrying hundreds of rounds of ammunition, during a uniformed patrol. Disagree entirely.

Ammo box at an armory somewhere towards the entrance of the prison, would be a good concept. I disagree with having more ammo given in general, though.

Exactly. Although, I was nearly always armed with an AR-15 while on duty, rarely did I use it. The “problem” isn’t with the guns, it’s how our LEOs are using them. Pursuing a suspect and firing at them, only leads to them having the upper-hand. You see, take cover - fire a couple shots, etc.

• Southern.
1 Like

ye that’s wot would be noice

2 Likes

bump

the rate of fire for glocks are significantly slowed down because of the lag that can be contracted by firing these firearms, and it’s not good enough to counter automatic and other firearms, js

end bump

1 Like

This is up to the developers if you really want your voice heard, get supporters and make sure your opinion is clear to us, and the developers.

1 Like
1 Like