A Constitutional Amendment to Save Congress

A Constitutional Amendment to Save Congress

PREAMBLE: This proposal is being reintroduced to save our Congress once and for all. It is about time, after 3 tries, this passes.

SECTION 1: Article I, Section I of the Firestone Constitution states: All legislative powers shall be vested in the Legislative Branch: the State Legislature, otherwise known as Congress, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. The Senate shall be composed of eleven (11) members, known as Senators. The House of Representatives shall be composed of thirteen (13) members, known as Representatives. The Senate and House of Representatives shall be known as the two houses, or chambers, of the State of Firestone Congress. The House of Representatives shall be obligated to elect a Speaker among them, in a special election held by the Governor; the elected representative shall be known as the Speaker of the House, and shall remain a member of the House of Representatives despite the title, subject to the same to that of Representatives.

SECTION 2: Article I, Section I of the Firestone Constitution shall now state: All legislative powers shall be vested in the Legislative Branch: the State Legislature, otherwise known as Congress, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. The Senate shall be composed of eight (8) members, known as Senators. The House of Representatives shall be composed of ten (10) members, known as Representatives. The Senate and House of Representatives shall be known as the two houses, or chambers, of the State of Firestone Congress. The House of Representatives shall be obligated to elect a Speaker among them, in a special election held by the Governor; the elected representative shall be known as the Speaker of the House and shall remain a member of the House of Representatives despite the title, subject to the same to that of Representatives.

SECTION 3: This legislation shall go into effect after the completion of the current congressional term and after the completion of the constitutional procedure required.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief Sponsor(s):

Speaker of the House, Joshernaut
Senator Ash1835
Speaker Pro Tempore Floatmanjason

Co-Sponsor(s):

Senator Stamose
Senator T4NJ1M
Senator Scriblelz
Senator Dosk250
Representative NotoriousAmerican
House Clerk FaneuilLaw
Under Secretary of State, Stapleton County Chairman, Dauntfulness

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 8 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like