A Constitutional Amendment to Implement Statutorily Cabinet Positions

A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO IMPLEMENT STATUTORILY CABINET POSITIONS

Proposed by: Senator Automationeer

Be it enacted by the State of Firestone Congress here assembled,

§ 1. TITLE

(a) This Amendment shall be known as, and is to be cited as, a “Constitutional Amendment to Implement Statutorily Cabinet Positions”.

§ 2. ENACTMENT

(a) This Amendment shall go into effect upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

§ 3. SEVERABILITY

(a) Should any part of this Amendment be struck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.

§ 4. AMENDMENTS

(a) C.II.II.V shall be amended.

(i) C.II.II.V currently states: “The Governor shall submit recommendations to be considered and approved by the Senate from time to time. These include ambassadors, public ministers and consuls, cabinet members, heads of departments, judicial officers, and all other government officials of the State of Firestone whose appointments are not provided for herein, and Congress may by law vest the appointment of other such officers in the executive or the judiciary.”

(ii) C.II.II.V shall be amended to state: “The Governor shall submit nominations to be considered and approved by the Senate from time to time. These include ambassadors, public ministers and consuls, heads of departments, judicial officers, and all other government officials of the State of Firestone whose appointments are not provided for herein, and Congress may by law vest the appointment of other such officers in the executive or the judiciary.”

(b) C.II.IV.I shall be amended.

(i) C.II.IV.I currently states: “In providing for the routine operation of the executive and to execute the laws of the State of Firestone, the Governor may assemble a Cabinet of the heads of state departments, agencies, and other governmental bodies as they see fit. The head of each department shall be a single executive unless otherwise provided for by law.”

(ii) C.II.IV.I shall be amended to state: “In providing for the routine operation of the executive and to execute the laws of the State of Firestone, the Governor may assemble a Cabinet made up of the heads of state departments and agencies and any other persons/offices designated by constitution or act of congress to sit within the Cabinet. The head of each department shall be a single executive unless otherwise provided for by state law.”

(c) C.II.IV.II shall be amended.

(i) C.II.IV.II currently states: “Cabinet members are to be nominated for their post, as prescribed in Section II of this Article.”

(ii) C.II.IV.II shall be amended to state: “The heads of state departments are to be nominated for their post, as prescribed in Section II of this Article, unless provision is made for other means of appointment by act of congress.”

(d) C.II.IV.IV shall be amended.

(i) C.II.IV.IV currently states: “The heads of executive departments, offices, and agencies may be relieved of their duties and privileges of office at any time the Governor decides, providing it does not violate the Bill of Rights or relevant statute. This also applies to every employee within the jurisdiction of the executive branch.”

(ii) C.II.IV.IV shall be amended to state: “The heads of executive departments, offices, and agencies and cabinet or sub-cabinet members may be relieved of their duties and privileges of office at any time the Governor decides, providing it does not violate the Bill of Rights or relevant statute protecting individuals from discrimination. Further, the Governor may discipline or sanction any employee within the jurisdiction of the executive branch however must comply with any appropriate legislation governing disciplinary action, such as employment rights, and the Bill of Rights.”

(e) C.II.IV.VI shall be established and state: “The sub-cabinet shall incorporate those deputy heads of state departments or agencies or any other person or office designated by the constitution or act of congress to sit on the sub-cabinet. Departments and agencies of the State shall have no more than two deputy heads, and all appointments to a position or office deemed to be sub-cabinet must be either made by the appropriate department head (if applicable) and approved by the Governor or Lieutenant Governor or made by the Governor.”.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone

CHIEF SPONSORS:

The Honorable Automationeer Esq., Senator

The Honorable DyingSym, Governor of the State of Firestone

The Honorable wierdo25, President pro tempore

CO-SPONSOR:

The Honorable Stamose Esq., Former Lieutenant Governor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.