A Constitutional Amendment to Fix Congress

A Constitutional Amendment to Fix Congress

PREAMBLE: This proposal is meant to fix Congress and reinstate competitive elections for the seats. This bill has been proposed twice and shot down both times, it is time it finally passes.

SECTION 1: Article I, Section I of the Firestone Constitution states: All legislative powers shall be vested in the Legislative Branch: the State Legislature, otherwise known as Congress, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. The Senate shall be composed of eleven (11) members, known as Senators. The House of Representatives shall be composed of thirteen (13) members, known as Representatives. The Senate and House of Representatives shall be known as the two houses, or chambers, of the State of Firestone Congress. The House of Representatives shall be obligated to elect a Speaker among them, in a special election held by the Governor; the elected representative shall be known as the Speaker of the House, and shall remain a member of the House of Representatives despite the title, subject to the same to that of Representatives.

SECTION 2: Article I, Section I of the Firestone Constitution shall now read: All legislative powers shall be vested in the Legislative Branch: the State Legislature, otherwise known as Congress, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. The Senate shall be composed of eight (8) members, known as Senators. The House of Representatives shall be composed of ten (10) members, known as Representatives. The Senate and House of Representatives shall be known as the two houses, or chambers, of the State of Firestone Congress. The House of Representatives shall be obligated to elect a Speaker among them, in a special election held by the Governor; the elected representative shall be known as the Speaker of the House and shall remain a member of the House of Representatives despite the title, subject to the same to that of Representatives.

SECTION 3: This legislation shall go into effect after the completion of the current congressional term and after the completion of the constitutional procedure required.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief Sponsor(s):
Senator JohnDRyans, Esq.
Representative Floatmanjason, Esq.
Governor Ash1835
Senator Stamose
Lieutenant Governor Hecxtro

Co-Sponsor(s):
GetEnveloped
Speaker of the House Joshernaut
President Pro Tempore MrEmote
Secretary CanineEnforcement
Secretary iLordofAviation
Senator Evildustin6677
Representative Spookdan
Representative ShutUpDying
Representative EllotNT
County Executive EliteCreations
County Chairman Danhoo6
Idot_dannyboy
DevMartavis
Cuxle
Gamer_Optic
RGB_Flames
AtlanticCanuck
SerZhukov
Basic_Bobo
Unicircuit
Yatoshi
Murphystem
CanadlanLaw
Skeletron19YT
FightingTheFlames

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes