A Bill to Amend 'Amendment to C.IV.I'

A Bill to Amend ‘Amendment to C.IV.I’

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

Section I: The Firestone Constitution shall be amended.

SECTION II: An Amendment to C.IV.I shall be defined as: An Amendment to C.IV.I

(b) Section I, Article IV of the Firestone Constitution now reads;

The Governor shall have the power to declare a State of Emergency during a time of civil unrest, riots, terror attacks, or for any other valid reason justified by the Governor; and so can the Governor remove a State of Emergency, at will. If the Governor is on an absent leave or cannot make the decision, the Lieutenant Governor will be able to declare a State of Emergency by the approval of a Senate supermajority vote (2/3). Though, all power checks towards the Governor regarding State of Emergency in this constitution shall also apply to this scenario.

SECTION III: Section I, Article IV of the Firestone Constitution shall now read;

Only the Governor and the Acting Governor, shall have the power to declare a State of Emergency during a time of civil unrest, riots, terror attacks, or for any other valid reason justified by the Governor; and so can the Governor remove a State of Emergency, at will. If the Governor is on an absent leave or cannot make the decision, the Lieutenant Governor will be able to declare a State of Emergency by the approval of a Senate supermajority vote (2/3). Though, all power checks towards the Governor regarding State of Emergency in this Constitution shall also apply to this scenario.

Section IV: This amendment shall go into effect immediately upon passing both chambers of congress.

Section V: All legislation in conflict with this amendment are hereby declared null and void.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief Sponsor:
Senator, DevMartavis

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like